Vice President from Amap’s product team has joined Xpeng to be in charge of its internet centre, while the original vice president of Xpeng and its manager, Yonghai, is transferred to another post.
Why it matters
New hire of Yonghai Chen will help Xpeng to become more intelligent.
Information about Xpeng’s Internet centre
- Internet centre is responsible for the development of intelligent cabins. It is classified into four sub-sectors:
- Audio design
- Product design
- Technology development
The team is based in Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Beijing, with 1000 workers in the internet centre, accounting for 8% of total employees in Xpeng.
Background for Yonghai Chen
- Colleague with Xiaopeng He as UC‘s Senior Project Director in 2010-2012, which was purchased by Alibaba in 2014.
- Joined Amap, which was also purchased by Alibaba in 2014 as the vice president for map products.
Xpeng’s current delivery performance
The Chinese company announced 12,922 all-electric car deliveries in January (up 115% year-over-year).
- Xpeng P7: 6,707 (up 81% year-over-year)
- XPeng P5: 4,02(New car type)
- Xpeng G3/G3i: 2,186 (down 5% year-over-year)
XPeng is upgrading its Zhaoqing plant right now (January/February) to handle an even higher production rate.