China, Dec. 16– BYD released a countdown poster of BYD Song Pro DM-i on its Weibo, announcing that the launched to be on December 22, with a total of 5 models, price ranging from that of 135,800 to 162,800 yuan.
The new car model was first unveiled at the 2021 Guangzhou Auto Show, and pre-sales started on November 30. As of Mid November, the presale order of Song Pro DM-i has exceeded 10,000 units, showing its mass appeal.
DM-i is also the name of the hybrid power system, in which DM stands for dual motor. Though set as a plug-in hybrid, some compare the mode similar to Toyota’s ‘dual engine’ technology (HSD), saying that “the electric motor helps ICE in the process of starting, accelerating, and coasting. It provides a small amount of power. It allows both ICE and the electric motor to work together to save fuel.”
Feature and Specification:
- Dimensions are 4650/1860/1700 mm with 2712 wheelbases.
- DM-i super hybrid system; thermal efficiency of the engine is as high as 43.04%, the acceleration time to zero is 7.9 seconds.
- Official fuel consumption per 100 kilometers is 4.4 L.
- Comprehensive cruising range is up to 1090km.
- All equipped with DiLink 4.0 (4G) intelligent network connection, except for lowest model.
- Interior features a 15.6 inches central control display in the middle of the dashboard.
- Overall vehicle OTA functions.