NIO Day 2021, Nio’s annual brand event was marked as success with 100 million livestream views, with many sharing excitement on CEO William Li’s s new product refresh ET5 and global expansion, as expected. Here are some highlights selected by SEP editors.
The Official Release of ET5
Feature and Performance
- Is scheduled for delivery in September,2022.
- Priced $ 40,468 to $ 51,447 USD
- Measured 4,790mm long, 1,960mm wide, 1,499mm tall, and has a wheelbase of 2,888mm
- Accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.3 seconds
- Braking distance is reduced from 100 km/h to a full stop to 33.9 m
- Rollover-resistance rating of 1.7
- 9 exterior color options, of which First Light Kiss and Sunbath Yellow are exclusive to this model, and Airspace Blue is the 2022 NIO color.
- Collaboration with Nreal AR Glasses
According to Deutsche Bank analyst Edison Yu, ET5 is set to be Nio’s most affordable and “highest volume” electric vehicle yet. he expects the ET5 to outsell its larger counterpart in 2023, estimating 65,000 deliveries that year vs. 60,000 for the ET7.
Other mid-size premium segment players include the Tesla Model 3, BMW 3 series and Audi A4.
ET7 Delivery in March 2022
- 20 new configurations and functions are optimized and enhanced.
- Lock order will be opened on January 20, 2022.
- Upscale ET7 sedan will be delivered on March 28, 2022.
“Hello, World” Gestures to International Expansion
Set in Norway as its first destination to launch ES8 SUV, Nio plans to land in Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Denmark in 2022. By 2025, NIO plans to provide services to users in more than 25 countries and regions around the world.